COVID-19 Protocol Revisions
Due to changes in CDC recommendations and recent court decisions, the following changes are in effect regarding COVID-19.
- The district can no longer contact trace. For many reasons, reception of information regarding positive test results has been greatly slowed or is not available making it difficult to use contact tracing as an effective mitigation measure.
- COVID Positive—Individuals testing positive regardless of vaccination status will be excluded from school or school activities for 5 calendar days.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you may return to school
- Recommended mask wearing for additional 5 days.
- If exposure is the result of a household contact, parents can choose for their student to stay home during the 5 day infectious period or if the student can be separated from the positive case, send the student to school and monitor for
symptoms. Mask wearing is recommended for students during the 5 day period.
- The district will continue the mitigation strategies we began the school year with. Mask wearing is still an individual choice.
Parents are encouraged to monitor their children for symptoms. This becomes increasingly difficult this time of year as the cold/flu period is strong. Like you, we recognize that every cough and sneeze will not be COVID, but ask that you continue to use your knowledge of your situation to make the right decision. Like always, the school needs a student to be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.